Spirit of Life Recovery is a non-denominational ministry with a special focus on helping people with emotional and addictive issues. We firmly believe that the Holy Spirit is the True Counselor, Teacher and Healer, and believe that it is critical that we challenge our beliefs and search out personally the Word of God for answers, truth and solutions. It isn't until we grasp beliefs at a "heart level", that we can truly claim them and stand by them. That's why above all, we encourage that deeply intimate, personal connection with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
With that being said, here are some the foundational aspects of our belief system to help you understand what we believe and how we represent God's truth.
- We believe the bible is the inspired Word of God and has all the answers and solutions to our problems pertaining to our spirit and soul (mind, will and emotions).
- We believe that mankind is born separated from God and hopelessly lost and in need of a Savior.
- We believe that God’s remedy for that separation comes through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through repentance and confession of sin whereby we receive God’s forgiveness and free gift of salvation.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God; fully God and fully man, incarnate in human form in order to take on flesh and pay the penalty for our sin.
- We believe that salvation is based on God’s grace towards us, there is nothing we can do to earn it
- We believe that when we ask Jesus Christ into our heart through confession, repentance and the receiving of the gift of salvation, we are eternally secured - we can at no point lose our salvation based on what we do, or what we don’t do.
- We believe we can suffer loss and experience "hell on earth" when we do not submit our will to God’s will, even if we are a professing believer. The consequence of sin is very real.
- We believe that true change and a lifestyle of godliness is a process, as opposed to an "instant zap". God can deliver us instantly from some forms of bondage, but most of our lifelong change will happen over time, through profession. (sanctification).
- We believe that a believer is indwelled with the Holy Spirit and has the power to overcome sinful strongholds and learn all truth as they seek God.
- We believe a spiritual battle is taking place behind the scenes, and in order to equip ourselves to effectively defeat the Enemy - we must understand spiritual warfare and utilize God's tools and resources.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the true counselor and teacher. He does the work of healing - revealing to us the things in our life that need to be changed, restored or grieved.
- We believe that God gave us both spiritual gifts and natural gifts so that we could fulfill a God-given, divine purpose and destiny, which is unique and was purposed by Him before the beginning of time.